Sunday 10 May 2020

Plasma therapy worked on my body in 3 days, says recovered Covid-19 patient

I had received plasma from a doctor named Dr Izhar Munshi who had recovered from coronavirus, said the patient
A medic takes blood sample as part of  Covid-19 treatment at Sri H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), in Mumbai. Photo: PTI
As plasma therapy is still in experimental stage and several states continue the trial of it for Covid-19, a doctor who donated his plasma after recovering from coronavirus and a plasma recipient who has recovered now have shared their experiences. Kapil Dev Bhalla, a plasma therapy recipient, said, “I was admitted in Aurobindo Hospital wherein during my treatment for coronavirus the congestion in my chest was not getting cured despite several efforts. On April 26, I was told by Dr Ravi Dhosi that they are planning to administer plasma therapy on me. I gave them a thumbs up and within three days it worked on my body. I had received plasma from a doctor named Dr Izhar Munshi who had recovered from coronavirus.”
He further said, “The congestion which earlier was getting cured in the extremely slow process got cleared within three days of getting plasma. I was taken off oxygen and then got discharged on May 6.”


“I have already told the doctors at Aurobindo Hospital that I am ready to donate plasma whenever they want,” he added. Dr Iqbal Qureshi, a plasma donor, told ANI: “I was admitted in Aurobindo after I was tested Covid-19 positive. After I was discharged and completed 14 days of home quarantine, I received a call from Aurobindo Medical College, Indore asking me to donate plasma therapy. I immediately agreed.” “From my body, about 400 ml plasma was taken and it benefitted two patients. Hence, I urge people who have recovered from coronavirus to donate plasma,” he added.

No comments:

14th BRICS summit to review current global issues, reach key agreements

  At the   14th BRICS summit   which is to be hosted by China in a virtual mode on 23-24 June, the member nations will review the current gl...